Information sent to Race is regarded as private and is kept in the strictest confidence. It will not be sold to third parties for marketing or any other purposes. We fully respect the right to privacy, both for individuals and organizations. Race must and will cooperate with law enforcement officials’ requests when compelled to do so through a valid subpoena, warrant or other court order. This policy also shall not apply to subscribers engaged in activities that are prohibited by Race’s Acceptable Use Policy and/or objectionable or illegal activity.
In order to provide our services to you, we keep business records that contain personally identifiable information about you, including but not limited to the following:
- Your name, home and work e-mail and postal addresses, telephone numbers, social security number, driver’s license number, credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates and bank account information for billing purposes, payment history and credit reports;
- Depending on the services we provide to you, information on the number, location within your home and configuration of modems, personal computers, telephones or other service-related equipment or devices in your home;
- Maintenance and repair records for the equipment in your home used for the services;
- The services and service options you select and, in the case of any service where you have a choice of whether or not to use a particular feature, program or offering, the information transmitted through our facilities or that you otherwise communicate to us in order to make a choice;
- Information about your satisfaction or usage of a service that we obtain from subscriber interviews or questionnaires or other feedback from you;
- A record of whether you rent or own your home so that we can obtain any permission required prior to installing our equipment;
- Subscriber correspondence (via e-mail or otherwise);
- A record of any violations and alleged violations of the agreements, terms, conditions or policies that govern your use of our services; and
- Other information that we need to render a service to you or conducting our business of providing that service.
Personally identifiable information provided to Race shall not be divulged to ANY third party. Information is “personally identifiable” if it can be used to identify or contact an individual, such as his or her name and address or telephone number. It also includes information that links data about an individual’s activities or history to that individual, such as the combination of the individual’s name with the fact that he or she purchased a specific product online, so that someone else with access to the combined information could learn that the named person bought the particular item. All personally identifiable information in Race’s possession shall only be used for our own customer service purposes.
As a customer of Race, you will find that we are secure, reliable, and discreet. We do not distribute our customer's email addresses to anyone. You will never receive spam, junk email or any other unsolicited advertising from anyone who was given your email address from us. All personally identifiable customer information is considered private, and we do not sell, share or otherwise distribute our customer profiles to anyone. We do use our profiles to help provide better services to our customers which may occasionally involve sending you email regarding new service offerings or changes to our existing offerings.